Organization: SOS Children's Villages International
Closing date: 31 Oct 2013
Our Client, SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is a member of SOS Kinderdorf International, a worldwide, independent, non-governmental social development organization that has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949.
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is a locally registered Trust with a local governing body: the Board of Trustees. It has been operating since 1989 and currently has projects caring for more than 2,500 children in four locations at Kakiri, Entebbe, Gulu and Fort Portal. The various projects include SOS Children’s Villages, Community outreach programmes, Kindergartens, schools, medical centres and social centres.
In an effort to ensure that our client carries out its mission successfully, we seek to recruit a visionary, strategic and dynamic individual to provide leadership as a National Director
Job Title: National Director
Reports to: Chairman of the Board of Trustees/ SOS–KDI Regional Director
Responsible for: All staff with SOS Children’s Villages, Uganda
To provide strategic and operational leadership to SOS Children’s Village, Uganda (SOS CVU) in line with the organizational mandate and the set policies and guidelines
Core duties & responsibilities
Initiate and develop guidelines for the preparation and implementation of SOS CVU strategic and operational plans, and budgets and submit to the Board of Trustees for approval in line with the set policies and guidelines
Provide overall leadership and direction for SOS CVU in accordance with the strategic plan, corporate budgets and policies as approved by the Board of Trustees.
Develop and implement policies for community development and child rights in line with SOS CVU guidelines
Provide policy direction in establishing and implementing SOS CVU fundraising and marketing strategy that creates competitive positioning of the organization in line with the approved strategic plan.
Initiate the preparation and implementation of sound financial, accounting information systems and preparation of financial statements that meet operational procedures and regulatory requirements
Develop and implement SOS CVU human resource, talent and succession planning framework and strategy to attract and retain competitive staff in line with the strategic plan
Develop and implement a framework for planning, managing and tracking organizational and staff performance and resource utilization in line with the set policies and guidelines
Develop and implement a framework for cultivating and strengthening national associations, partnerships and networks in line with SOS CVU guidelines
Develop and implement a framework for cultivating and promoting SOS CVU identity, culture, values, reputation and corporate image.
Develop and implement a framework for timely reporting to the Board of Trustees and other relevant stakeholders on the organization’s operational and financial performance and regulatory requirements.
• Strong leadership, teamwork and management skills
• High level interpersonal, collaborative and cross-cultural skills
• Analytical and conceptual skills for business management and growth
• High level of integrity and transparency
• Strong communication, networking and negotiation skills
• A results oriented individual with proven fundraising and marketing skills.
• Ability to deal with competing demands
• Proficiency in computer and computer packages
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Development Studies or a related Social science discipline.
• A Master’s Degree in the same field will be added advantage.
• 10 years’ experience in NGO or Similar sector supporting children and community work with 5 years at Senior Management level.
• Experience in dealing with and relating with the Board of Trustees/ Directors of an organisation.
• Fluent in English language
• Readiness to travel nationally and internationally
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please send your application to the address below not later than 5.00 p.m., Thursday 31st October 2013. Provide a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees, copies of professional/Academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact.
How to apply:
P.O. Box 9092, Kampala
Plot 648 Nanfumbambi Road, Kikoni Makerere West
Tel: +256-312 275 892, Mob: +256-779-291617